% North Fork Accounting

PO Box 414

Paonia, CO81428


Fax 970-527-3023


September 26, 2008


A special meeting of the board of directors of the Fire Mountain Canal and Reservoir Company was called to order by President Houseweart at 5:00 pm.Directors present were Dixie Luke, Dave Stiller, John Stroh, and Wes Spore.Also present was Merritt Denison.


No minutes were read, no treasurerís report was given and no bills were paid.


The purpose of the meeting was to discuss turning water back into the ditch and how that relates to the Terror Creek ditch break.


There are approximately fourteen (14) days of water in the reservoir.


Merritt and Trey poured a high strength grout mix cap over the old concrete pour upstream of the Terror Creek break Friday morning 09/26/2008, and also installed a cutoff footer at the upper end of the pour.


Dave S. met an engineer, John Sikora from Glenwood Springs, at a water seminar a week ago and, after a brief discussion, invited him to tour the canal and consult the FMC board on the Terror Creek ditch break.The consult was scheduled for Friday morning 09/26/2008.Attendees were Bill H., Dixie L., Wes S., and Dave S of the FMC board, Merritt D. ditch superintendent, Trey Denison ditch rider, Stan Stockton of the RMWDA, and Paul Schmucker shareholder.


After showing Sikora the area of the break, Dave S., Wes S., and Dixie L., toured the canal with Sikora from Terror Creek to Wolf Park.


Dave S., Dixie L, and Wes S. pressed Sikora for his opinion about the Terror Creek break and the risk of running water for the rest of the season.Sikora advised to let the concrete cap cure for 48 hours, then run the ditch watching the break area diligently three to four times a day; but definitely install a ditch bank drain before next spring; installation of the drain should three to four days.


Sikora was very complimentary of overall condition of the canal.

†† †††

The board had discussion of the process and cost to install a ditch bank drain; also discussion of turning water on and seeing if the leak has stopped.It takes approximately 10 hours to get water from the reservoir to Terror Creek, poured cap on old concrete pour this morning 09/26/08 so if we turn the ditch back on Saturday morning 09/27/08 the concrete would have cured for approximately thirty four (34) hours.


Wes S. motions to turn the water back on Saturday 09/27/08 morning for the rest of the run, with frequent monitoring of the ditch bank, and assess the slope for leakage during the run; if there is continued leakage or renewed leakage the ditch will be shut down so the ditch bank wonít slide; then the board will address the issue after the water is shut off, Dave S. seconds and the motions carries.


Meeting adjourned at 6:00 pm.




Randall W. Fisher, Secretary